Sometimes it is a struggle to generate convincing rationales for blowing off your writing time. This Top Ten list should help with that.
“I’m not going to write today because:
1. I just don’t have enough time.
2. I don’t feel inspired.
3. I’m planning on writing twice as much tomorrow.
4. I need to do more research before tackling this project.
5. I am soooo tired! I deserve a day of just laying in bed.
6. I wrote four emails today. That counts.
7. I’m too angry about the Wall Street bailout to concentrate.
8. I have to walk the dog
9. I think I may be coming down with something and I shouldn’t overdo it.
10. I just don’t feel like writing today and you can’t make me!