- The Procrastination Wheel of Suffering: Part Three – Internal Pep Talks and Daydreaming
- Spinning on the Procrastination Wheel: Part 2 – Fear of Failure, Anxiety, Resentment
- Spinning on the Procrastination Wheel: Part 1- Unrealistic goals, delay start.
- Many a blocked writer languishes on the “Procrastination Wheel of Suffering”
- Full-Prefrontal Writing Avoidance
Category Archives: Writing for money
Typically, when a protagonist has a writing block, it means he/she will have to face adversity, resolve inner conflicts, grow and learn, then find love and write again. Not so for John Goodman in the first season of the HBO … Continue reading
Can a shrink, a dog, and a stripper cure a writing block? Yes, if “The Dog Problem” can be believed.
Perhaps inadvisably, I often watch movies about blocked writers as I search for new and effective strategies for helping writers write. The archetype of the blocked writer must be universally compelling because there are literally scads of these movies in circulation. … Continue reading
At a recent Sotheby’s auction, a short letter written by Franz Kafka to the poet Albert Ehrenstein was sold for $74,500 dollars. In the letter, Kafka complains about his writer’s block. Luckily his block wasn’t so bad that couldn’t write a … Continue reading
There are deadlines that make it hard not to notice the word ‘dead’ in ‘deadline.’ In the classic movie High Noon, the noon train is coming and Gary Cooper decides to risk his life, and his marriage to meet the … Continue reading